You have requested information on Viacom's advertising practices on (i) some of the websites, players, games or applications ("Viacom Properties"), owned and/or operated by Viacom International Inc. ("VII") through its Viacom Media Networks division or by VII's affiliates such as its parent Viacom Inc. and Paramount Pictures Corporation (VII and its affiliates, "Viacom") or (ii) websites or applications that are not affiliated with Viacom. For a list of VII's affiliates, see www.viacom.com/brands/pages/default.aspx.
Viacom does not conduct online behavioral advertising on any Viacom Properties (or portions thereof) that are directed to children as defined under COPPA or where Viacom has actual knowledge that a user is under 13 years of age.
Viacom Properties: On certain Viacom Properties, we work with third parties that may collect and use information about your visits to and use of Viacom Properties and non-affiliated websites and applications, in order to provide online behavioral advertising to you. These third parties include, among others, Adobe AudienceManager (formerly known as Demdex), Quantcast, TapAd, MediaMath and Turn.
Some of the third parties we use participate in the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising (the "Program"), which offers a single location where users can make choices about the use of their information for ad targeting. To learn more, please go to www.aboutads.info/choices.
Viacom is committed to complying with the Program in connection with Viacom's operation of Viacom Properties. The Program was developed by leading industry associations to apply consumer-friendly standards to online behavioral advertising across the Internet. To learn more about the Program, please go to www.aboutads.info.
Non-Affiliated Sites and Applications: On non-affiliated websites and applications, VII or its affiliates work with Adobe AudienceManager, Quantcast, TapAd, MediaMath, Turn and others as described below in connection with providing online behavioral advertising to you.
To provide such advertisements, we may disclose to such third parties a unique ID (typically, an alphanumeric or numeric ID) that does not personally identify you but may be associated with your device's platform or a device/internet browser combination and may disclose to such third parties whether that unique ID is associated with a particular segment (such as reality show watcher falling within a certain demographic), but we do not otherwise disclose information we collect to such third parties except to Adobe AudienceManager. We may disclose to Adobe AudienceManager any or all of the collected information described below.
Information collected for these purposes:
- Includes demographic data collected on Viacom Properties, such as any information you may have provided when creating an account on the Viacom Properties (e.g., age, zip or postal code, gender) and a general geographic location derived from your IP address on your visits to, and collected on, the Viacom Properties and non-affiliated websites and applications;
- Includes the pages you view, links you click on, your interactions with the Viacom Properties and non-affiliated websites and applications and other clickstream data collected during your visits to the Viacom Properties and non-affiliated websites and applications;
- Includes data on your interaction with the advertisement displayed on such non-affiliated website and application;
- Includes demographic or interest data (such as the pages you view and links you click on) acquired from other companies; and
- Does not include information that personally identifies you.
Viacom is committed to complying with the Program in connection with online behavioral advertising on non-affiliated websites and applications. The Program was developed by leading industry associations to apply consumer-friendly standards to online behavioral advertising across the Internet. To learn more about the Program, please go to www.aboutads.info.
Last updated: July 11, 2014